Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! In this episode, LuAnn chats with Jaclyn Lankiewicz, the woman behind the Instagram handle, Jaclynmari_.
She is the principle of Jaclyn Marie Interiors based in Long Island, NY.
Her journey into interior design, like many, has not been a direct line. Basically, Jaclyn created an Instagram page that was getting so much attention that it prompted person after person to ask her if she would design their space. As you will hear today, her response was, “I finally said to myself, ok, let me do this”.
Jaclyn created an Instagram that has created a design business, and since you already have a design business and want to create more clients through Instagram, perhaps you’ll find her tips to be very helpful.
Listen in to see what we can learn about how to attract clients through Instagram!
- Keep your feed neutral, bright, and uncluttered.
- Edit your pictures properly, paying close attention to wood tones.
- Be strategic about what and where you’re posting.
- Keep an eye on your nine squares.
- A picture of herself, a zoomed-in picture of styling, and a larger picture, such as a whole living room or whole kitchen is another tactic that Jaclyn likes to use.
- Sharing a little of her personal life through Instagram helps people feel connected to her.
- Another tip that Jaclyn offers is tagging retail vendors because they re-post a lot.
- Jaclyn likes to share designers on her story (but not on her feed), and details the reasoning behind this.
- Answering every message and comment from followers is a great way of engaging with them and inspiring trust.
- How to identify someone whose work you’d like to share, and how to reach out.
- Understanding your “why” and saying no to those you don’t wish to collaborate with.
- Posting new content every day shows your followers that you’re reliable.
- Jaclyn mentions apps that she finds helpful: Videoshop, Unfold, rewardStyle, VSCO, Snapseed, Retouch, and Planoly.
LuAnn’s Podcast - Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Book!
The Power Talk Friday Tour
Connect with Jaclyn!
East End Interiors Trade
Thank You to These Podcast Sponsors:
Connect with Your Local Kirsch Distributor Now!
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Other guests mentioned from previous episodes:
Sara Lynn Brennan #’s: 463, 514
Darla Powell #’s: 203, 330
Kim Merlitti #’s: 361, 442
Sandra Funk #’s: 2, 145