Today we have Jason Oliver Nixon, one of the dynamic partners of Madcap Cottage, with us on the show. LuAnn has really been looking forward to this interview because she and Jason Oliver are both going to be at the IWCE (International Window Coverings Expo) Conference in Tampa Florida in March, where Jason and his partner John Loecke are going be giving a keynote address. On the show today Jason will be talking about the IWCE and also about his business, Madcap Cottage, so listen in to find out more.
There are so many parts of Madcap Cottage that have intrigued LuAnn and she really admires that way that Jason Oliver and John stand so firmly in the space of their design aesthetic. These Madcap gents are well known for their whimsical use of color and pattern, really bringing their client's story-lines to life and their out-of-the-box website really says it all! Listen in today to find out about Madcap Cottage's really unusual and fascinating approach to interior design.
- How Madcap Cottage came about.
- The way that Madcap Cottage approaches the needs of their clients.
- Jason Oliver explains how both his and John's former experience as magazine editors and television producers assists them with bringing their client's stories uniquely to life.
- The way that they challenge and push their clients to bring prints and patterns into their lives.
- Prints Charming- the really awesome book that Jason Oliver and John have written as a primer to give people permission to bring prints and patterns into their lives.
- Why people come to Jason Oliver and John.
- The reason why it's never a head-to-toe look from Madcap Cottage.
- The intuitive and thoughtful way that Jason Oliver and John work with their clients.
- How constant traveling really helps them to keep their eyes tuned and their clients well informed.
- The evolution of the Madcap brand.
- How Jason Oliver and John trained themselves as interior designers.
- Where Jason Oliver finds the time to rest with his hectic schedule.
- What luxury really means.
- What to expect from Jason Oliver's keynote address.
Book: Prints Charming- Create Absolutely Beautiful Interiors With Prints And Patterns by Jason Oliver Nixon and John Loecke
Prints Charming- Create Absolutely Beautiful Interiors With Prints And Patterns by Jason Oliver Nixon and John Loecke
Robert Allen fabric collection
Jason Oliver and John will be giving their keynote address at 8 am on 27th March the IWCE.