Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! Krystle Pickens joins LuAnn in today’s conversation about not just growing a business, but growing a business fast, smart, and intentionally.
Listen in for real strategies that can help you set up your own business for success and profit!
Krystle Pickens is passionate about working with clients to create spaces that are beautiful and evoke that special feeling of home, while also meeting the individual client’s needs. We apply our four core values: Sustainability, Feeling, Functionality, and Community to every project, big or small.
Krystle has a degree in Interior Design and has worked in the design industry since 2012, getting her start in Kitchen and Bath Design.
She is based in Jersey City and really feels rooted there, however being raised in Seattle, Krystle feels a responsibility and bond to the environment and incorporates sustainability in all of her projects-she even studied Environmental Science briefly.
- Krystle describes how she is in her fourth year of business, and has come a long way since her first year, when she pulled in $13,001.
- She set a goal for her second year of $26,002, and ended the year with $27,100.
- It was at this time that Krystle started listening to “A Well-Designed Business” podcasts. She realized that she was serious about what she loved to do and decided to think of it as a business instead of a hobby.
- For her third year, which was 2019, Krystle set 19 goals and wrote them down.
- About halfway through her third year, Krystle decided to hire a business coach who pushed her to shoot for more than her $81,300 goal. She ended up exceeding her goal.
- Krystle learned at LuAnn Live how important it was to run a business autopsy. This is critical, because you must know where you are before you can plan where you are going.
- For 2020, Krystle assigned a specific goal to each month and is finding this very powerful.
- One of her goals this year is to get each and every policy and procedure locked down in a handbook before she takes maternity leave.
- The Process Leads to Profits class is packed with every tool, idea, and process you could imagine, specifically so that you have a road map to get your back-end organized. There will probably be another class late summer or fall, so if you want help with this, get on the email list to be notified. It’s worth every dime!
- Being coached on the concept of scaling and the concept of hiring were two of Krystle’s biggest lessons.
- Hiring a business coach is essential for accountability, advice, and helping you to see the bigger picture.
- Krystle shares some strategies on how she continues to grow her business and some client communication tips.
LuAnn’s Podcast - Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
The Making of A Well - Designed Business: Turn Inspiration into Action
A Well-Designed Business - The Power Talk Friday Experts
Power Talk Friday
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
LuAnn Nigara COB
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
Connect with Krystle!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
Jaipur Living’s Website - Easy to Browse, Custom Calculator, Products Ready to Ship! Open Your Trade Account to Begin Your Relationship with This Admirable Company.
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Be the hero for your clients, and be the solution they need right now with Article.
Previous Shows Mentioned:
Alinda Morris #429
Do Not Let Us Design For You #346
Nancy Ganzekaufer #15, #159, #256, #389
Amber De La Garza #385
Sandra Funk #02, #145, #520
Madeleine MacRae #283, #315
Amanda Berlin #420
Jenny Madden #332
Jamie Lieberman #454
Dane Austin #457