Welcome to today's show! We have Dixie Willard, of Dixie Willard Design in Tennessee, with us today. Dixie is a co-host of the Design and Style Podcast with Rachel Moriarty, of Rachel Moriarty Interiors and today we will be talking to her about the Design and Style Community and about how her partnership with Rachel and their podcast came about. Today, Dixie also discusses her own business and she talks about the Community Projects that she's involved with too. Listen in, to find out more.
Dixie got her Design Degree at the Chaminade University of Honolulu, where she graduated with honors. She has worked for an Architecture Firm as well as having worked as a Designer and a Bookkeeper, for a high-end furniture store and she has done e-design for Pottery Barn Kids, PBTeen, and West Elm. In the middle of all of that, she also managed to earn her NCIDQ Certification.
After traveling around the world, Dixie and her Air Force husband have finally settled down in their forever home, in East Tennessee. Dixie loves taking continuing education classes for fun and reading Design Blogs, to keep up with all the latest trends. Listen in today, to find out more about Dixie, her Podcast and how she's really changing lives, out there, one Designer at a time!
- Dixie talks about what it took for her to obtain her NCIDQ Certification.
- Dixie's work with Ethan Allen.
- Dixie's experience of being a Bookkeeper for a high-end furniture store.
- The skill she's learned from first being an Air Force brat and then an Air Force wife.
- Their move from Oklahoma to Tennessee, where they knew absolutely no-one.
- Dixie talks about how she and Rachel met, at a Mastermind in Oklahoma.
- How the Design and Style Podcast came about.
- All about Rachel and Dixie's Visibility Challenge.
- To join the Visibility Challenge, go to Design and Style on Facebook and ask to join.
- The hardest part of the Visibility Challenge and the fantastic results that inevitably ensue, as a result of doing it.
- What's going to be happening in Dixie's community, at The Visibility Lab.
- The very exciting and special episode planned for the first Visibility Podcast for 2018, on the Design and Style Podcast.
- Moonshine tasting in the Smokey Mountains with Rachel.
- What happened at the Visibility Conference.
- The fantastic Community and Service Projects that Dixie does and how she assists, design-wise, at the Restoration House of East Tennessee.
- How you, as a Designer, can get involved with the Dwell With Dignity
- The service work that Dixie does, for Kingdom Design Ministries, for children who have suffered a trauma, or tragedy in their life.
- What it takes to rappel down a twelve story building!
- The awesome gains that you could enjoy, as a result of being a part of a networking group.
The Design and Style Podcast website: www.designandstylepodcast.com
Design and Style can also be found on:
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
Remya Warrior #266