Welcome to another Power Talk Friday! My guest today is Alice Seale, who has over 30 years entrepreneurial experience as a realtor in the retail design industry. She is the founder of Seale Realty Advisors in the Dallas area. Alice has co-authored the book, Winning Ways in Real Estate. She has great advice for entrepreneurs. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Alice’s path to real estate in retail design
- What to look for in a realtor
- How a design center is born and developed
- The mix of wholesale and retail
- How Alice spots the trends in “pop-up” design centers
- Rent or buy? How do you decide?
- Alice tells you what questions to ask up front
- HVAC—why you MUST pay attention!
- Watch expenses on taxes and insurance!
- Consider leasing with an option
- Ask for any accommodations up front
- Find a realtor who has YOUR best interests in mind
- Why renting is a good option to start out in business
- Know what’s going on in your city and its development
- How to know when it’s the RIGHT time to purchase
- How to ask your landlord to “put some skin in the game”
- Make a wish list of renovations and negotiate adding value to the property
- Establish financial relationships early: Be a PERSON at the bank and not just an account number!
- Consider obtaining a letter of credit instead of paying a large security deposit
- Why Alice recommends that you have a female banker
Get all the details from Alice here: http://windowworks-nj.com/alice-seale