Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Brad Clinard, a certified financial planner from High Point, NC, joins us on the show today. Brad, like Peter Lang, the Designer CPA, (episodes #349 and #464) specializes in working with interior designers. He has a very real desire to help the people in our industry, and his approach to finances is different from any other financial planner. He knows that every designer needs to plan for life’s financial challenges, and for their retirement, so he helps them maximize their earnings over their lifetime. He refers to this as intentional planning for abundant living. Be sure to listen in today to find out what Brad does to help designers plan for a life and future that they deserve to have.
Brad graduated from UNC Charlotte, Magna Cum Laude, majoring in Economics with a concentration in Psychology. He was the senior team captain of the tennis team and worked closely with the NCAA advocating for student-athletes. Brad has earned the designation CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
Brad is married to Hope, a pastry chef. They attend Wesley Memorial Church in High Point, and they have a passion for missions and service, most recently supporting Youth with a Mission, Casey Cares Foundation and the Old North State Boy Scouts Board. In his “spare” time, Brad enjoys reading, movies, travel, time outdoors and eating great food. His adventures have included hiking the northern half of the Appalachian Trail and the Laugavegur in Iceland. Tune in now, for more.
- Brad helps designers with their personal financial planning.
- We need to learn to understand how to use our money to empower us to live an abundant life.
- Brad’s parents were in the traditional wealth management industry and they focused on investing.
- Brad’s experience of growing up in High Point.
- Brad explains what financial design is all about.
- Starting with people’s values, rather than with their financial goals.
- The Designer’s Dozen are twelve challenges that designers face when working with traditional financial planners.
- Goals are future-focused and temporary, and values are present-focused and permanent.
- Understanding your values is the first point in getting to know yourself.
- Brad spends a lot of his time trying to understand how our psychology affects us.
- From a professional perspective, there are four types of money scripts that everybody falls into- money avoidance, money worship, money status or money vigilance.
- It can be very challenging for creative-minded designers to find professionals to give them advice and guidance.
- There are generally four different communication styles.
- Bridging the gap between the different styles of communication.
- Why Brad decided to focus on interior designers.
- How to know when you need the services of a financial planner.
- Brad gives you the Ten Keys to Financial Foundation.
- The plans that Brad will create for you.
- Follow your bliss and plan for an abundant life.
- A formula for having a less stressful experience of life.
- Brad has a three-stage process to help clients going through transitions in their lives.
Other shows related to finances to go with this show:
Peter Lang #349, #464
Kimberly Merlitti #361, #442
Ashley Micciche #468
Diane Gardner #54
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
Michele Williams # 137, #180, #395, and # 424
Taylor Spellman #106, #390, and #467
Website: High Point Financial Design
Quiz to learn your money script: High Point Financial Design