The guest for today's Power Talk Friday is Natalie Eckdahl and LuAnn is absolutely delighted to welcome her to the show! Natalie has really helped LuAnn in her journey and even after thirty years of being in business, there are things that she's learned from Natalie and taken back to Window Works! Listen in to find out what Natalie has to share with you today.
Natalie is the founder of the Biz Chix Community and she's the host of the Biz Chix Podcast. She's a Business Strategist and a High-Performance Coach, helping high achieving women entrepreneurs to build, grow and scale their businesses and she does this across all industries and time zones. Natalie, who holds an MBA, has been recognized as one of the top women in business to listen to and she's been featured in Inc, Fast Company, Huffington Post, and Entrepreneur. She has twenty years of experience and she's done over two hundred podcast interviews and is famous for doing her really valuable on-air coaching calls. Natalie is a very intuitive lady, who recognizes the little nuggets in people and really helps and moves them. In addition to all of this, she has a husband, Mark, and three kids, aged two to fifteen. Natalie really is one busy lady! Listen in, as Natalie shares her expertise with you, on the show today.
- Some of the common things that ring true with people who are struggling with their businesses.
- Dealing with confidence issues and your mindset, when starting out in business.
- Let people know what you do, in your business- you never know who is going to have a contact for you.
- Using the art of balance, with your postings on social media.
- You really do need a separate business bank account, when starting out in your business. You will really feel like the boss when you eventually transfer your profits to your personal account, for your family to spend, or save.
- Knowing your numbers in business- this is very important! Also, get some advice from a Tax Professional.
- It's really worth hiring a book keeper, to get your business set up. Then you can check in with them on a quarterly basis. It will save you time and money, going forward.
- Focus and work on your strengths. Outsource the things that you really find hard to do.
- Why, as a Designer, you shouldn't charge too little. Have the confidence to charge what you really are worth.
- Most women really struggle with issues of confidence. Having an accountability partner really helps.
- How Natalie mixes her Masterminds.
- Giving yourself permission to take some time off from work. Remember that Parkinson's Law states that work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
- Being accountable for your time. You can even hire people to set deadlines for you and help you to get creative things done on time.
- Developing boundaries with your clients. They often don't realize that they're asking more of you than necessary.
- If you're married and money's not coming in from your business, your husband is not going to take your business seriously- he's going to think you have a hobby. Creating a regular amount that you can commit to the family will smooth this out and make you feel confident about yourself and your business.
- Natalie discusses the Live Event that she's planning for Women Entrepreneurs in Orange County, in between San Diego and Los Angeles, from the 18th to the 20th of October this year.
Biz Chix Podcast - Female Entrepreneurs Women in Business
You can go to Natalie's website. www.bizchix.com and click on the yellow 'community' button, to get an invitation to join her free, open Facebook Group for women.